REQUIRED CHILD CARE SUBSIDY TRAINING
There are 10 hours of required training plus Pediatric First Aid/CPR certification.
Every staff member who works with children is required to complete these requirements by 3/31/17.
The 10 hours of required training are:
~ 6-hours of Health & Safety
~ 2-hours of Identifying Child Abuse & Neglect – Mandated Reporter
~ 2-hours of Child Development
The 10 hours of required training is FREE and it can be taken online or face-to-face. Staff wishing to take face-to-face training must register through PINJ. www.pinjregistry.org
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAKING THE REQUIRED CHILD CARE SUBSIDY TRAINING ONLINE
1. Go to the Division of Family Development website www.childcarenj.com
2. Click on "Providers" at the top of the page and select "Training"
3. You will be taken to a new page, "Center Based Programs"
4. Under "Required Trainings", select the training of your choice by clicking on the word "online"
6-hour Health & Safety Training (You will be directed to the Better Kid Care page)
1. Click on the orange-brown button on the left marked ‘Required Health & Safety Training’.
2.At the center of the page, click on the blue words "Sign in to On Demand"
3. You will be directed to a new page where you will create a free account.
4. Once your account is created, you will be directed to the page "On Demand Web Lessons"
5. Click on the words "Required Health & Safety Training" half-way down the page on the left (Under CDA Course).
6. Select “New Jersey Child Care Subsidy Health and Safety Training”.
Identifying Child Abuse & Neglect - Mandated Reporting in Early Care & Education
1. Click on the word "online"
2. You will be taken direftly to the training. Click on the blue "Start Course" button
3. Create a FREE account in order to access the Child Abuse & Neglect Training
Child Development for Center-Based Child Care
Once this training is available, the process will be the same as above.