e-Child Care (ECC) is the new system that will be implemented by the NJ Division of Family Development through each county Child Care Resource and Referral organization (CCR&R). Child & Family Resources is the CCR&R for Morris County. Through the convenience of an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system or a Point of Service (POS) device, parents will record attendance information and confirm the care that is provided for their children. The reporting and claim submission process currently used will become automated for both the parent and child care provider.
e-Child Care starts January 2, 2012
Are You Ready?
- Banking paperwork submitted to ACS.
- Confirm the phone number parents will be calling from (IVR system) or the phone number the POS device (swipe machine) is connected to is the phone number Child & Family Resources has as your location phone number. [If these phone numbers do not match or parents call from a different phone number the system will not work. PARENTS MUST CALL ON THE PHONE LINE CHILD & FAMILY RESOURCES HAS AS YOUR LOCATION PHONE NUMBER. If the call goes through on a roll over line it will not work.]
- Log onto the provider portal and review current child care agreements. To ensure proper payment and reduce errors log in daily.
- Ask parents if they have received and activated their Family First Cards. [Family First cards arrive in the mail in a non-descript envelope, like a credit card. Some parents have thrown the cards away thinking they are junk mail. If a parent does not have a Family First card they need to call Child & Family Resources and we will issue a new card. Cards take 5 days to be delivered. If parents have their card, they must call the number on the back of the card and activate it. If the card is not activated it will not work.
- Maintain manual attendance. If there is a payment discrepancy you will need to provide documentation to verify attendance.
Important phone numbers
Provider Helpline(for questions related to ACS, POS device, IVR system): 1-877- 516-5776
Provider Portal: www.echildcarenj.org (Your EPIC ID# is your login and your zip code is your default password)
Parent Customer Service(activate Family First Card, reset pin): 1-800-997-3333
Child & Family Resources: 973-601-6146