Early childhood administrators are the gatekeepers to quality. Their role as both leader and manager is pivotal to program success. Without efficient and effective systems in place at the organizational level, quality teaching practices cannot be sustained at the classroom level. Management and leadership practices that promote norms of continuous improvement are critical for achieving and sustaining quality at the classroom level.
We work with child care centers strengthening their ability to enhance business practices in Human Resources Development, Personnel Cost and Allocation, Center Operations, Child Assessment, Fiscal Management, Program Planning and Evaluation, Family Partnerships, Marketing and Public Relations, Technology, and Staff Qualifications.
Utilizing the Program Administration Scale (PAS), which is developed by McCormick Tribune Center for Early Childhood Leadership; a nationally recognized research and evidenced-based instrument to measure and improve early childhood leadership and management practices, we:
- Provide information about the importance of assessing quality from a total organizational perspective.
- Provide on-site consultation to tailor support to the director’s developmental stage.
- Provide technical assistance specialists and consultants to provide key coaching strategies that support directors in their efforts to achieve excellence.
- Use the PAS to develop a program improvement plan.
- Offer technical assistance to programs which includes observation and evaluation of progress towards PAS goals
- Utilize a pre and post survey with staff and director to help measure the effectiveness of the program.
If you would like your child care center to particpate in the PAS program, please complete an application and submit it to Child & Family Resources, attention Amie Ferguson, or call for more information at (973) 601-6152.